The security of Your personal information is Our priority. We protect this information by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that meet or exceed applicable law. We train Our employees in the proper handling of personal information. When We use third parties to provide services for Us, We require them to protect the confidentiality of personal information they receive.
- What personal information we collect
- How we use personal information
- How we share personal information
- Your Choices
Categories of Personal Information We Collect and Hold
Personal Information is information about an identifiable individual (“Personal Information”). Company collects Personal Information when You Voluntarily provide it through Our Site or when You provide it to Us through other means. Potential ways We may collection Personal Information include, but are not limited to:
- Filling out a form or application on Our Site;
- Contacting Us through e-mail, telephone, mail, or other ways and providing information;
- Registering for a product or service We provide;
- Registering to receive newsletters or marketing offers;
- Providing Your information to one of our third-party vendors.
The nature of personal information we collect and hold about you may include:
- information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as name, gender, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address, occupation, employer, assets, income, language preference and personal identification information (such as government-issued identification, social insurance number, driver’s license, passport and/or, where permitted, provincial health insurance card);
- information we receive from you on a voluntary basis when we are conducting a survey of your preferences, needs or interests;
- information about your transactions with us or third parties, such as account numbers, account balances, payment history, and account activity;
- information we receive from your employer or information regarding your source of income;
- domain names, ip address, and other digital identifiers;
- the type of browser you use, which pages you view, and the files you request;
- reports we receive from credit bureaus; and
- information we receive from program partners and service providers with or for whom we operate a private label credit card program, or other financial services program.
When communicating with us through social media, or speaking with a live-chat agent, We or Our service providers may monitor or record our discussions for mutual protection and to enhance your customer experience. When you visit, use or interact with Our online services (websites, mobile applications, and other digital channels), We or Our service providers may also collect information from your computer(s), smartphone(s), tablet(s), or other mobile device(s) (collectively, “mobile devices”), such as:
- The mobile device make and model, unique device identifier, browser type, hardware, Internet Protocol (IP) address and related information, such as your internet service provider and physical location of the mobile device, operating system and MAC address;
- Your mobile device-related information such information about the screen size of Your mobile device(s) and the date and time of Your use;
- The precise location of Your mobile device(s), if enabled on Your device(s);
- Your browsing habits on online services provided by us or third parties, such as search terms You entered on our websites, what websites and pages You visit, how long You stay and what actions You take;
- Search terms that directed You to Our websites and mobile apps, which websites You came from, and which websites You visit right after leaving one of our websites;
- Which of Our ads or other online content you view, access or click on; and
- Any actions you take in response to electronic communications that We send to you, such as opening the message or clicking an embedded link.
The amount of information that is sent by Your web browser depends on the browser and settings You use. Please refer to the instructions provided by Your browser if you want to learn more about what information it sends to websites You visit or how You may change or restrict this. If You wish to disable cookies, refer to Your browser hep menu to learn how.
Use and Disclosures of Your Personal Information
- obtain some routine services from service providers in carrying out the Services you requested;
- Respond to Your inquiries;
- Supply You with the requested products or Services;
- Send You information on promotional or marketing services;
- Carry out other purposes that are disclosed to You and to which You consent;
- cheque and statement preparation, printing and other administrative services;
- card, security code and product/service issuance services;
- settlement and valuation services;
- data processing and market research services;
- legal, regulatory and compliance purposes, including Canadian federal and provincial requirements;
- updating of information to credit bureaus;
- participating in payment systems and networks (e.g., the electronic networks that allow consumers to pay their credit card accounts, loans or other borrowing facilities, or participating in payment clearing and settlement systems in association with other financial institutions);
- servicing Your transactions with merchants who accept a private label credit card account as the method of payment for goods and services you purchase from them;
- managing various banking and financial benefits and private label credit card benefits, including insurance, loyalty and rewards programs;
- distributing information and/or promotional offers to you related to the products and services you have with AimFinance;
- bill payment services;
- debt collection activities on accounts you maintain with us;
- assistance to third parties or investigative bodies to help prevent fraud, money laundering or other criminal activity; and any other activities relating to the servicing or administration of the accounts, products and services you have with AimFinance, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
- Carry out other purposes permitted or required by law.
Company reserves the right to transfer personal information in the event that We merge with, or are acquired by, a third party. We also may disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose permitted by law or to which You consent.
If You receive commercial emails from Us, You may opt-out using the “unsubscribe” option in the email. This opt-out applies to marketing emails only.
Protecting Your Personal Information
Personal Information in Our possession may be kept in electronic or paper format in Our offices or in third party provider facilities. Personal Information may also be kept in secure offsite storage facilities.
We have policies, procedures, guidelines, and safeguards in place to ensure that Your personal information is protected. Security measures such as passwords, restricted access to Our offices and records, physical access security, and file encryption have been put in place to protect Your Personal Information against unauthorized access, theft or misuse.
We retain Personal Information that we collect only as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to meet legal requirements. We destroy Personal Information when it is no longer needed.
Any Personal Information collected from You will be used for the purposes identified at the time of collection and will be retained for as long as is necessary to fulfill the service, or as required by law.
It is important to understand that no security measures are absolute. We cannot guarantee the safety of any information you provide to Us.
Contacting AimFinance to File a Privacy Complaint or to Make a Request
To file a privacy complaint, an opt-out request, to request access to Your Personal Information, to report incorrect Personal Information, or to obtain information about our policies and practices including our use of third parties and affiliates with whom we share your personal information, please contact us using any of the following methods:
Website: Contact page
Email: [email protected]
Attention: Privacy @ AimFinance
355-4480 Chemin de la Côte-de-Liesse
Mont-Royal, Québec H4N 2R1
Last Updated: 8/24/2022